- This event has passed.
Acts of Love: Miracle Workers
November 10, 2008 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
WordTheatre created the sixth annual Acts of Love to benefit Autism Speaks called, Acts of Love: Miracle Workers. It explored the ins and outs of those amazing things that happen every day without explanation.
Woven between the thoughts and stories was live music featuring the voices of Nita Whitaker, Amy Keys and Valerie Pinkston. The spoken performances featured *
- Shohreh Agdashloo (House of Sand and Fog, X-Men:The Last Stand)
- Linda Cardellini ( ER, The Scooby-Do Movies, Freaks and Geeks)
- Peri Gilpin (Frasier)
- Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, Near Dark, Top Gun)
- Tess Harper (No Country for Old Men, Tender Mercies)
- Marc Blucas ( I Capture the Castle, We Were Soldiers, They)
- Gil Birmingham (Ten Canoes, Twilight)
- Matt Dallas (Kyle XY, The Indian)
- Julia Sweeney (Pulp Fiction, Saturday Night Live)
- Keith David (Crash, Mr. and Mrs. Smith)
- Gil Bellows (The Shawshank Redemption, The Weather Man)
- Sung Kang (Better Luck Tomorrow, The Fast and the Furious)
- Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives, Starship Troopers)
- John Glover (Smallville, Robocop 2)
- John McCook (The Bold and the Beautiful)
- Jack McGee (Crash, 21, Basic Instinct)
- Nicki Micheaux (God’s Waiting List, Lincoln Heights)
- Kristy Wu (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cry_Wolf)
- Robert Wisdom (The Wire)
- Various cast members from 2008 Emmy winner, Autism: The Musical
Autism Speaks works to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders.
They are dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism; to raising public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families, and society; and to bringing hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder. They are committed to raising the funds necessary to support these goals.
Autism Speaks aims to bring the autism community together as one strong voice to urge the government and private sector to listen to their concerns and take action to address this urgent global health crisis. Autism Speaks firmly believes that, working together, we will find the missing pieces of the puzzle.
Learn more at http://www.autismspeaks.org/index.php
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox
Associate Producer and Dramaturg Melissa Loftus