- This event has passed.
WordTheatre presents Granta’s Dead Interviews
January 27, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
These ingenious interviews, commissioned by the prestigious literary publication Granta, amused, provoked and delighted the audience. Veering from the intensely serious to the wildly silly, these writers refused to let dead talents lie.
- John Schwab (Zero Dark Thirty) and Parker Sawyers (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit) read “Ricky Moody interviews Jimi Hendrix”
- Nigel Whitmey (The Fifth Estate) and Adam Riches (Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner) read “Douglas Coupland interviews Andy Warhol”
- Matt Barber (Dracula) and Scott Handy (A Knight’s Tale) read “Michel Faber interviews Marcel Duchamp”
- Lesley Nicol (Downton Abbey) and Alastair Mackenzie (Borgen) read “Rebecca Miller interviews Marquis de Sade
- Julian Wadham (The English Patient) Lawrence Werber (Merchant of Venice in the West End) and Tom Greaves (The Last Days of Judas Iscariot) read “Ian Rankin interviews Sir Arthur Conan Doyle”
Books sold on site by Granta. Artistic Director, Cedering Fox. UK Producer, Kirsty Peart.
EFG is a keen supporter of the written word. It is closely associated with The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award, the world’s richest prize for a short story. It also supports a number of literary festivals, including Charleston, Althorp and Chipping Norton, and has worked with WordTheatre for several years.