WordTheatre at the Wilderness Festival
August 10, 2014 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
WordTheatre’s wild ride through the universe, from Creation Myths to Big Bang to Black Holes to Alien Life Forms was brought to life by eleven of England’s finest actors and the Wilderness Orchestra conducted by Ewan Campbell. WordTheatre Artistic Director, Cedering Fox, created a unique tapestry woven from words of the great poets, philosophers, fiction and comedy writers together with excerpts from iconic popular writing on astronomy, cosmological physics, mysticism and more! Accompanied by rousing renditions of Borodin’s Steps of Central Aisia, Holst’s Mars, Barber’s Adagio, to name a few, with music from several contemporary film scores sprinkled in, we contemplated our galaxy along with Copernicus, Galileo, Einstein, Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Diane Ackerman, Monty Python, Elton John and many more.
- Agni Scott (Strike Back, Identity)
- Alastair Mackenzie (Borgen, Monarch of the Glen)
- Ben Starr (Yellow Face – National Theatre, Les Miserables)
- Dallas Campbell (Time Scanners, The Gadget Show)
- Emma Hamilton (Richard II – Royal Shakespeare Company, The Tudors)
- Gemma Chan (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,Yellow Face – National Theatre)
- Jack Whitehall (Bad Education, Fresh Meat)
- Joe Dixon (Atlantis, Lewis)
- Olivia Williams (Anna Karenina, An Education)
- Rhashan Stone (Twelve Years A Slave BBC 4, The Smoke)
- Scott Handy (The Village, A Knight’s Tale).
Musical Performances by Rhashan Stone and Scott Handy.
Created and Directed by Cedering Fox. Produced by Kirsty Peart and Cedering Fox.