- This event has passed.
Kissing With Tongues: Tales of Love and Death
October 22, 2007 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An evening of short story readings that benefited The TreeHouse Appeal “Ambitious about Autism” to raise funds for a permanent home for a National Centre for Autism Education in the U.K.. Treehouse aims to transform through education the lives of children with autism and the lives of their families. It was founded by a group of parents of autistic children, among them, Nick Hornby.
Introduction by Dr. Ian Wylie, Chief Executive of TreeHouse
- Mark Addy (The Full Monty) read an introduction by Nick Hornby
- Amanda Seyfried (Mean Girls, Mamma Mia!) read “The Kiss” by Pamela Painter
- Alastair Mackenzie (Monarch of the Glen) read “A Happy Dream” by Steve Almond
- Lindsay Duncan (Under the Tuscan Sun, Rome) read “Extra Geography” by Rose Tremain
- Niall Buggy (Translations on Broadway, Casanova) read “Tomorrow’s Bird” by Ian Frazier
- Ben Miller (Johnny English, Primeval) and Marcia Firesten (CSI-NY, Laughter on the 23rd Floor on the West End) read “The Woman at the Window” by James Lasdun
- John Schwab (The Complete Works of William Shakespeare) will read “Stay” by David Schuman
- David Soul (Starsky and Hutch) read “Bullet in the Brain” by Tobias Wolff
- David Ashton (The Last King of Scotland) read his original story, “Crack”
Produced by Kirsty Peart and Cedering Fox
Directed by Cedering Fox