The Women: Love, Lust & Everything In-Between
July 14, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Brilliant actresses brought to life a night of short stories filled with heartache, humor and flirtation at a private club in Mayfair.
- Brenda Strong (Dallas, Desperate Housewives) read “The Other Woman” by Mary Gordon.
- Jane Stanton (Hamlet – Greenwhich Playhouse, Dance with Me) read “Appleless” by Aimee Bender.
- Gemma Chan (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Yellow Face – The Park Theatre) read “21st Century Juliet” by Rose Tremain.
- Maryam d’Abo (The Living Daylights, White Lies) read “Starry, Starry Night” by Siv Cedering.
- Jane Zingale (Tell Me, at The Tate Modern, Pompidou Centre, MOMA) read “My Burglar” by Carys Bray.
- Hatty Preston (The Royals, Viva Forever) read “On Commercial Hill” by Carys Davies.
- Emma Hamilton (Richard II – Royal Shakespeare Company, The Tudors) read “Your Letter in an Envelope in the Mail” by Pamela Painter.
Directed by Cedering Fox. Produced by Cedering Fox and Kirsty Peart.
Sponsored by EFG. EFG is a keen supporter of the written word. In addition to its close association with The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award, it has supported a number of literary festivals, including Charleston, Althorp and Chipping Norton, and has worked with WordTheatre for several years.