- This event has passed.
Mother’s Day: Family Album
May 10, 2009 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This Mother’s Day, WordTheatre joined its audience at an inviting little Polish restaurant in the heart of Santa Monica called Warszawa.
We enjoyed a gourmet Polish brunch of dried plums wrapped in bacon, potato pancakes, crepes with sweet cream, polish sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit salad and coffee all inside the warm interior of a building reminiscent of grandma’s little cottage with white lace curtains, hardwood floors and flowery lamps.
Then, we moved onto a cozy secret patio and heard the kind of stories that arise when the dust blowing off family albums and we are strolling down the photo-lined walls of our mother’s house and our grandmother’s house.
The show featured:
- Stephen Collins (7th Heaven, Blood Diamond) read his story “Ace’s Big Entrance”
- Tess Harper (No Country for Old Men, Tender Mercies) read “My Son and the Bicycle Wheel” by Martha Ronk
- Lynn Ferguson (Chicken Run) read her story “Schopenhauer”
- Beata Pozniak (JFK) read “Family Album” by Siv Cedering
- Anne De Salvo (Arthur, My Favorite Year) read “Saying Yes to Ryan” by Shelley Burtt
- John Heard (Home Alone, The Sopranos) read “His Mother Inside Him” by John Updike
- Di Quon (Maid in Manhattan, Boston Public) read “Water Names” by Lan Samantha Chang
- Gary Dourdan (CSI, Perfect Stranger) read “The Parents” by Kelly Cherry
Directed and Produced by Cedering Fox
Research by Melissa Loftus and Geoffrey Bridgman