Mysteries of the Mind at the Sunshine from Darkness Gala
January 10, 2010
Sunny Florida welcomes WordTheatre actors:
- Nicole Ansari-Cox ( As Good as Dead, Deadwood)
- Linda Cardellini (ER, Grandma’s Boy)
- Brian Cox (Bourne Identity, LIE)
- Catherine Dent (The Shield, 21 Grams)
- Gary Dourdan (CSI, Perfect Stranger)
- Tess Harper (No Country for Old Men, Tender Mercies)
- John Heard (Prison Break, Home Alone)
- Anson Mount (Conviction, In Her Shoes)
All actors performed for Mysteries of the Mind at the Sunshine from Darkness Gala in Sarasota, Florida.
Mysteries of the Mind is an original WordTheatre production featuring the words and stories of visionary artists, inventors, scientists and scholars who have wrestled with mental illness, woven together with music and performed by world class actors.
Sunshine from Darkness, has raised more than $200,000 in 2009, every penny of which goes to research because their expenses are underwritten by corporate and private sponsors and donors. Through symposiums and other events, their goal is to provide funding and resources for research and awareness efforts supporting mental health and brain disorders.
The Gala took place on Sunday, January 10, 2010, at 6:30 pm at The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida. The evening began with cocktails and a gourmet dinner followed by the presentation of the 2009 Luminary Award to Gary Foster, producer of the feature film “The Soloist” starring Robert Downey, Jr. and Jamie Foxx. Mysteries of the Mind will then take the stage to wrap up the evening.
For more information about the event, please visit