- This event has passed.
Novel and Memoir Beginnings
May 28, 2008 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
WordTheatre partnered with American Bookseller’s Association to present our annual Novel and Memoir Beginnings! The first few juicy pages of new and upcoming novels and memoirs were performed on stage among the lush velvet tapestries and glittering chandeliers of the M Bar in Hollywood on Wednesday, May 28th.
The show included the work of Carolyn See, Joseph Olshan, Scott Phillips, Rachel Resnick, Dinah Lenney, Kerry Madden, Ronald Alexander, Diana Wagman, Evan Handler and T.C. Boyle, all of whom were in attendance.
- T.C. Boyle’s The Women, was performed by Parry Shen (Better Luck Tomorrow)
- Carolyn See’s There Will Never Be Another You, was performed by Natalija Nogulich (Steal Big, Steal Little)
- Dinah Lenney, actor/author, (ER) performed her own work Bigger Than Life
- Scott Phillips’s Frogs in the Snow, was performed by Mozhan Marno (Charlie Wilson’s War)
- Rachel Resnick’s The Blue Flame, was performed by Nancy Bell (Little Man)
- Kerry Madden’s Gentle’s Holler, was performed by Autumn Chiklis (The Shield)
- Ronald Alexander’s The War On Dogs, was performed by Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights)
- Diana Wagman’s Cookies, was performed by Catherine Dent (The Shield)
- Evan Handler, actor/author, (Californication) performed his own work, It’s Only Temporary:The Good News And The Bad News Of Being Alive.
- Joseph Olshan’s The Conversion, was performed by Joel David Moore (Dodgeball)
Doors opened at 7 PM and readings started at 8 PM. Published titles will be available at the show from Small World Books (a BookSense Book Store). Tickets are $20 or $25 at the door. M Bar had a $10 food minimum. Cash Bar.
Produced by Cedering Fox and Lisa Doctor
Directed by Cedering Fox.