- This event has passed.
Speaking in Tongues: A Benefit for the Pushcart Prize
July 23, 2011 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Diane Ackerman, Steve Almond, Charles Baxter, Ron Carlson, Andre Dubus III, Carol Muske Dukes, Mary Gaitskill, AM Homes, Michelle Latiolais, David Means, James Salter, Philip Schultz, Harvey Shapiro and Simon Van Booy invited you to Guild Hall to celebrate The Pushcart Prize, considered “one of the most important publishing projects in American history” (Publishers Weekly), with a benefit at Guild Hall in East Hampton, New York.
2011 marked the 35th anniversary of the Pushcart Prize. Their “yearly volumes of stories, poems and essays feature much of the best writing available in this country.” (New York Times Book Review)
- Amy Irving (Carrie, Alias) read “Last Night” by James Salter
- CCH Pounder (Avatar, The Shield) read “Pet” by Deb Olin Unferth, Pushcart Prize XXXV
- Chris Bauer (True Blood, The Wire) read “Drawer” by Rick Moody
- Colman Domingo (Scottsboro Boys Tony Award Nominee) read “Condemned” by John Edgar Wideman
- Harris Yulin (Death of a Salesman) read “The Lie” by Ben Okri
- Kathryn Erbe (Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Oz) read “Reading Chekhov” by David Means
- Kevin Corrigan (The Departed, Pineapple Express) “Reading Chekhov” by David Means
- Vincent Piazza (Lucky Luciano on Boardwalk Empire) read “Forky” by Andre Dubus III
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox
We wish to thank our sponsors, Avi Oster Media & The Oster Family Foundation, for their generous support.