WordTheatre at The Arts Club sponsored by EFG
July 16, 2013 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WordTheatre expertly matched brilliant actors with terrific short stories for this evening benefit of our WordTheatre in the Schools program. Ben Okri, David Means and Guy Ware were present for a post performance Q&A.
- Tom McKay (The White Queen, Hatfields & Mc Coys) read “What I Hope For” by David Means.
- Jane Zinglae (Tell Me, at The Tate Modern, Pompidou Centre, MOMA ) read “Room Service” by Ron Carlson.
- Gethin Anthony (Game of Thrones) read “The Meeting” by Aimee Bender.
- David Soul (Starsky & Hutch) read “My Uncle’s Numbers” by Siv Cedering.
- Lesley Manville (Another Year) read “Three Stories of My Friend’s Affairs As I See Them from My Bed” by Roshi Fernando.
- Julian Sands (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) read “The Lie” by Ben Okri.
- Julian Wadham ( The English Patient, Exorcist: The Beginning) read “The Knocking” by David Means.
- Rebecca Hobbs (Burying Brian) & John Schwab (Zero Dark Thirty) read “Weathering” by Guy Ware.
Produced by Cedering Fox & Kirsty Peart; Directed by Cedering Fox.
EFG is a keen supporter of the written word. It is closely associated with The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award, the world’s richest prize for a short story. It also supports a number of literary festivals, including Charleston, Althorp and Chipping Norton, and has worked with WordTheatre for several years.