- This event has passed.
WordTheatre Lit by Lulu presents Love Breaks
March 19, 2011 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Los Angeles arm of our series kicked off at M Bar with a Saturday night of enticing tales. In this four part WordTheatre Lit by Lulu series, actors brought contemporary short stories to life with the authors present for a Q & A and signings of purchased books. Featuring:
- Jeff Goldblum (Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Jurassic Park) read a story by T.C. Boyle
- Sharon Lawrence (Curb Your Enthusiasm, One Tree Hill) read a story by Michele Latiolais
- Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Nip/Tuck) read a story by Michele Latiolais
- Emily Bergl (Desperate Housewives, Southland) read a story by Michele Latiolais
- Rock star writer T.C. Boyle, “a writer who chooses a large canvas and fills it to the edges.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/books/review/Kingsolver-t.html
- Stories from Michelle Latiolais’ new collection Widow, which the New York Times calls “bracing, exposed, ruthlessly mercurial and, for all its spiked bales of barbed wire, laden with extreme beauty.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/books/review/Cohen-t.html
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox.
WordTheatre Lit by Lulu is a series of events in New York and Los Angeles made possible by Lulu.com. Lulu is creating a new model in publishing — open publishing — that empowers more creators to sell more content to more readers more profitably than ever before. Through its Internet-based creation tools, retail site and global distribution system, Lulu helps creators make and monetize content in a variety of physical and electronic formats connects them to buyers on Lulu.com and in third-party channels, including Amazon.com and the iBookstore, all around the world. Authors retain complete creative, copyright and pricing control and keep 80 percent of their revenue when their works sell. For more information, visit www.Lulu.com