- This event has passed.
WordTheatre presents The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award
March 20, 2013 @ 8:00 pm - March 22, 2013 @ 10:00 pm
Renowned actors brought the six stories shortlisted for the Sunday Times EFG Award to life amidst two evenings at Foyles in London. The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award is the largest prize in the world for a single short story at £30,000. All performances were produced and directed by Cedering Fox.
7 PM on Wednesday, March 20:
- Helen McCrory (Skyfall, Hugo) performed “The Beholder” by Ali Smith
- Thomas Howes (Anna Karenina, Downton Abbey) performed “The Gun” by Mark Haddon
- Scott Handy (Match Point, A Knight’s Tale) performed “Evie” by Sarah Hall
7 PM on Thursday, March 21:
- Olivia Williams (The Sixth Sense, An Education) performed “Call It ‘The Bug’ Because I Have No Time to Think of a Better Title” by Toby Litt
- Gary Carr (Death in Paradise, Silent Witness) performed “Miss Lora” by Junot Díaz
- Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean, Brazil) performed “The Dig” by Cynan Jones
After the award was given to celebrated author, Junot Diaz, WordTheatre presented:
- David Soul (Starsky & Hutch)