WordTheatre Release Party on Audible.com
November 20, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Be sure to check out photographs from this great event here, on WordTheatre’s official Facebook page.
After years of recording all of WordTheatre’s live performances in Los Angeles, New York and London, our partners at The Microsoft Lounge put together an intimate cocktail party with red-carpet style publicity to announce the release of our extraordinary archive of over 650 short stories on Audible.com. Our initial release featured seven collections comprised of nine stories each. A full list of current downloads is now available at wordtheatre.staging.wpengine.com/audible with new collections rolling out every four weeks.
The short program was hosted by Bruce Vilanch with performances by:
- Nicki Micheaux (Lincoln Heights) read “The Beginner” by Janet Fitch
- Philip Baker Hall (Magnolia) Read “Young Man on Sixth Avenue” by Mark Halliday
- Maggie Siff (Sons of Anarchy) read “Confirmation Names” by Mariette Lippo
- Jason Butler Harner (Changeling) read “Flu” by Stuart Dybek
- John Heard (Home Alone) read “In the Old Firehouse” by Ron Carlson
- Bruce Vilanch (Emmy winning writer for Academy Awards) read “For Beds” by Matthew Vollmer
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox.