WordTheatre with John Edgar Wideman at Soho House NY
March 14, 2010 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
John Edgar Wideman, MacArthur Genius Grant recipient and two time winner of the International PEN/ Faulkner Award, came to WordTheatre at Soho House for a world premiere of his new collection of microfiction, Briefs.
- Len Cariou (About Schmidt, Damages)
- Jessica Collins (The Nine, The Good Wife)
- Colman Domingo (The Scottsboro Boyscurrently at the Vineyard)
- Stephen McKinley Henderson (Fenceswith Denzel Washington opening April 26)
- Dorian Missick (The Bounty Hunter. Six Degrees)
- Ron Simons (Night Catches Us, Law and Order)
- Keith Randolph Smith (Malcolm X,Broadway’s Come Back, Little Sheba)
- Lynn Whitfield (Eve’s Bayou, The Josephine Baker Story)
- Victor Williams (Cop Land, King of Queens)
- Narrated by Rodd Houston
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox
Briefs is available exclusively from Lulu.com. For more information, visit www.Lulu.com/JohnEdgarWideman
The event took place at Soho House New York (29 9th Ave, New York, NY 10014) in the 5th floor library. Seating was extremely limited.
Soho House New York is a private club, but audience members gained admittance and the ability to make lunch reservations on the day of the event.