- This event has passed.
WordTheatre with Percival Everett & Danzy Senna
November 3, 2013
Guests met America’s finest short story writers, while great actors brought their stories to life. Each evening featured a selection of film and television actors who performed renowned authors’ work, followed by a reading from the author, and a Q&A period with the artists. This series was presented in association with the Chapman University Department of English.
Percival Everett & Danzy Senna at Bergamot Station, November 3rd
- Sterling K Brown (Army Wives, Righteous Kill) performed “Alluvial Deposits” by Percival Everett
- Zuleikha Robinson (Homeland, Lost) performed “Replacement Theory” by Danzy Senna
- Gregg Henry (Scandal, The Killing, Payback) performed “The Fix” by Percival Everett
- Danielle Panabaker (Necessary Roughness, Friday the 13th) performed “There There” by Danzy Senna
Percival Everett & Danzy Senna at Chapman University, November 4th
William Stanford Davis (Ray Donovan, Lincoln Heights) performed “True Romance” by Percival Everett
Donathan Walters (Chapman Screen Acting BFA Candidate ) performed “The Appropriation of Cultures” by Percival Everett
Danielle Panabaker performed “There There” by Danzy Senna
About the Authors:
- Percival Everett has penned 25 works of fiction, including Erasure, for which he won a Hurston/Wright Legacy Award. He is the recipient of a PEN Center USA Award for Fiction, New American Writing Award and The Believer Book Award, among several others. His stories have appeared in The Pushcart Prize Anthologies and Best American Short Stories.
- Danzy Senna is the author of the nationally bestselling novel Caucasia. Winner of the American Library Association’s Alex Award, it was named a Los Angeles Times Best Book of the Year and has been translated into eight languages. She is a recipient of the Whiting Writers Award.
WordTheatre® partnered with the Chapman University Department of English to bring these stories to life.
Produced and Directed by Cedering Fox